Safeway Hit With Nasty Lawsuit

So here’s Safeway employee Edward Urzada’s story, per a lawsuit filed in a Canadian court. Urzada worked for Safeway for 28 years, often at a warehouse where he was exposed to anhydrous ammonia. The exposure, he claims, ravaged his lungs, but supervisors told his to shut up and go back to work every time he complained. After years of this, his lungs were so damaged that he was forced to undergo surgery to replace them. While recuperating from the surgery, Safeway fired him. Again, that’s according to his $1 million wrongful termination lawsuit, as reported by the Calgary Sun. Safeway executives have not filed a brief in response yet, so we haven’t heard their side of the story.

18,632FansLike
0FollowersFollow
67,429FollowersFollow

Newsletter sign-up

eLert sign-up

Oakland
broken clouds
64.1 ° F
66 °
62 °
25 %
0.6mph
56 %
Mon
63 °
Tue
62 °
Wed
64 °
Thu
62 °
Fri
57 °