. Writing Your Tribute
When you are ready, we require the following information
- Your name, phone number, email address and mailing address.
- If the obituary has already been written, please be prepared to upload a digital text file. However, if you would prefer not to write the obituary, we can write it for you.
- The name and phone number of the funeral home, crematorium, or medical donation program handling your arrangements. We also can accept a scanned death certificate.
- Any photo or photos you would like us to print. We recommend that you submit a great photograph that best captures the person’s spirit. You may submit more than one photo, such as a great historic photograph and also a current headshot. Digital photographs are easiest, but we also can scan and return physical photos if that best captures the person.
- The date you are hoping to see the obituary published.
Information you may wish to include
- Name, age, city and date of death.
- Time, date and location of the funeral services and any visitation.
- Names of survivors and family members who predeceased the person, including parents, spouse, children, grandchildren and other close friends.
- Name of the funeral home or crematorium handling the arrangements.
- Contact information for where memorial contributions may be made.
- Work history, military history, education and memberships in social or civic groups.
- Notable accomplishments or honors.
- Passions and hobbies.
- A story or two that captures the person’s essence.
Other helpful advice
Submit your tribute here